The social relevance of the (V) RC: What has changed in recent years in the field and the practice of controlling, but especially what is going to change in the coming years?
FINspire - Powering Good Controllership
At the VRC Anniversary Congress of 20 June 2018, we celebrate with the members RC, academics, and specially invited guests the 6th anniversary.
The importance of Good Controllership
Let yourself, under the direction of chairman and trendwatcher Farid Tabarki, inspired by speakers who give you a clear analysis of current trends and developments that will have great impact on the profession of the controller. How does the world look so to speak about another 30 years, what are the challenges and opportunities in these turbulent times? What is expected from the controller as to his skills, think e.g. to AI, Block chain, Data Analytics, or to the future financing of enterprises (Crowd Funding, microfinance etc.).
You will meet several high-powered speakers during this conference among whom:
- Petra Stojanovic-van Kan, Head of Google Financial Services in the Netherlands,
- Prof Dr Bas ter Weel, General Manager, SEO Economisch Onderzoek, Professor of Economics at the University of Amsterdam and Crown-Appointed Member of the Dutch Social and Economic Council (SER),
- Prof Dr Jan Bouwens, Professor of Management Accounting at Cambridge University Judge Business School,
- Prof Dr Erik Strauss, Dr Werner Jackstädt Endowed Chair of Accounting and Control at Witten/Herdecke University,
- Prof Dr Lineke Sneller RC, Professor of IT Value, Nyenrode Business University, and Director of the Centre for Information and Management Accounting Control Systems (Nyenrode),
- Prof Dr Wim Holterman, Professor of Business Valuation, University of Groningen and programme director of the Executive Master of M&A and Valuation,
- Chad Hall, CFO at Microsoft Netherlands.
Furthermore, Pieter Duisenberg RC, Chair, Association of Universities in the Netherlands, Prof Dr Frans Roozen (VU Amsterdam), Prof Dr Ed Vosselman (Erasmus University Rotterdam), and Bas Sprong, CFO, PON, take part in the panel discussion closing the plenary programme.
During the day, speakers talking about various topics will lecture in inspiration-sessions in break-out rooms.
Discover here the full programme of the Anniversary Congress.
The importance of a strong network
The VRC Anniversary Congress offers an excellent opportunity to meet each other around this appealing substantive programme. In addition, there is the opportunity to catch up with EMFC's students of your year of study . During the day you can use an app to fill in the quiz with questions about the VRC, the conference topics, your university and Alumni association. During the dinner buffet the winner will be announced, and which University has a comparatively best score!
The Congress will take place on 20 June in the Fokker Terminal in The Hague. The reception is from 9.00 pm and we start at 10.00 pm. From 18.30 hours we conclude with a festive dinner buffet.
Arrange your boarding card here for an inspiring future!